The case for Selective Licensing in Nottingham is flawed, according to ‘Nottingham Against Selective Licensing’ (NASL).
A group of local Landlords has produced a report “urging the Government to reject Nottingham City Council’s scheme for Selective Licensing because it has failed comprehensively to satisfy the tests set for its introduction.” The 11 page report is made up of the following headings and can be downloaded below;
2. NCC has failed to demonstrate that SL is an effective tool for driving up standards in the PRS
3. NCC has failed to fully explore effective alternatives to SL
4. No proven link between the PRS and high levels of deprivation
5. The lack of causality between ASB and the PRS
6. A biased consultation and selective feedback
Please contact us using the below form if you wish to read the document.
We shall be posting a further blog on this subject in the next 48 hours offering interested Landlords the chance to download a further report by NASL titled ’A critique of Nottingham City Council’s case for selective licensing alongside proven alternatives.’