Walton & Allen Estate and Letting Agents are now regulated by Propertymark. You will see the ARLA and NAEA logos across our website which now emphasises our focus on consumer protection.
What is Propertymark?
Propertymark is the UK’s foremost professional and regulatory body for estate agents and letting agents. It represents over 9000 members. Propertymark regulates us as an agent by ensuring your money held by us is kept safe at all times.
ARLA stands for the Association of Residential Letting Agents and NAEA stands for the National Association of Estate Agents.
What does being a member of Propertymark involve?
Our membership includes:
- Client money protection scheme
- Regular industry training
- Government approved redress scheme
- Regular updates on legislative changes
- Professional indemnity insurance
Benefits of choosing a Propertymark protected agent
There is no mandatory regulation for estate and letting agents. This is why it is important to choose one who are happy to be part of a voluntary scheme such as Propertymark. By doing so an agent demonstrates transparency and provides evidence that they are at the forefront of all developments within the property industry.
So, how does using a Propertymark protected agent benefit you?
- Integrity – Propertymark agents are experienced and trained professionals who abide by a nationally recognised code of practice
- Complaints Procedure – Handled by independent ombudsman services and regulated by Propertymark
- Peace of Mind – We hold all the correct insurance and protection to give you peace of mind
- Compliance – Registered with HMRC to ensure compliance with money laundering regulations